If you want the best brake pads is the business, look no further than Hawk Performance. This company has been a leader in performance brake parts since 1993. Their brake pads are extremely popular in our 2004-2006 Pontiac GTO community. This company makes a wide range of brake parts that include racing and street applications. Choosing the right part is crucial to enjoying the benefits of these high performance brake pads and brake parts.
“Whether you’re on the street or the track, protecting the lead, or your family, you have to know that your brakes will do their job in any circumstance. Hawk Performance has been providing performance you can trust since 1993 by leveraging technology that is used in military and airline applications.
Hawk Performance brake pads are designed, engineered and produced in the United States. We stand by our products and offer a Limited Lifetime Warranty.”
For most us driving on the street, the brake pads you will want is the “PERFORMANCE CERAMIC” brake pads.
- Ultra-low dust
- Improved stopping power
- Gentle on rotors for extended pad life
- Stable friction output
- All Hawk Performance compounds are not compatible with carbon ceramic rotors. Hawk pads are designed to work with Iron/Metal rotors.
- 100-650 F operating temperatures
- 100-450 F optimal temperature range
HAWK PERFORMANCE BRAKE PADS
|APPLICATION||BRAKE PAD TYPE||AXLE||PART NUMBER|
|2004 Pontiac GTO||Performance Ceramic||Front||HB460Z.580|
|2005-2006 Pontiac GTO||Performance Ceramic||Front||HB247Z.575|
|2004-2006 Pontiac GTO||Performance Ceramic||Rear||HB573Z.615|
The front brake pads for the 2005-2006 Pontiac GTO are also the same brake pads for the C5 Chevrolet Corvette which was produced from 1997-2004. This includes the Z06 model Corvette. This is for the FRONT brake pads only. The rear brake pads of the 2004-2006 Pontiac GTO must use the proper part number and application. Also, the front brake pads for the 2005-2006 Pontiac GTO will also fit the 2004 Pontiac GTO. To be sure of this, please contact Hawk Performance at (800) 542-0972 and ask a representative to confirm this.
INSTALL HAWK BRAKE PADS
Our standard installation procedures are outlined below, and should be followed in accordance with the application-specific brake pad installation instructions provided by the vehicle manufacturer.
Brake Pad Installation Procedure
- Install brake pads properly. Be sure pads are securely positioned in the caliper.
- Check Brake Fluid. Flush and replace, as needed.
- Check all hydraulic parts for excess wear and tear.
- Check rotor for deep grooves or scoring. Resurface or replace rotor, as needed.
- If rotors do not need resurfacing, then contamination from the previous brake pads must be removed. Sand rotors with 130-grit sandpaper using moderate pressure. Use soap and water to clean rotor surface after sanding. Rotors should be free and clear of oil, grease and brake fluid.
- Inspect calipers for freedom of movement. Lubricate where necessary.
STREET BRAKE PADS BED-IN
- To break in the new components, make 6 to 10 stops from approximately 30 to 35 MPH applying moderate pressure.
- Make an additional 2 to 3 hard stops from approximately 40 to 45 MPH.
- DO NOT DRAG BRAKES!
- Allow 15 minutes for brake system to cool down.
- Your brakes are now ready for use and can be driven normally.
|DOWNLOAD (.pdf format)|
|Hawk Performance Brake Pads Install & Bed-In Instructions|