|Turn on the shift light, custom start up logo or message, and more|
ATTENTION 2004-2006 PONTIAC GTO OWNERS!
All 4th Generation owners want to know how to activate the shift light that is built into the tachometer on the dashboard! Read below how you can do this yourself, at home, using nothing more than your Windows based laptop and a USB to OBD1 cable.
Ever wonder what that little circle is that never lights up at the end of the tachometer? That is the shift light that was disabled from the factory. Want the shift light working on your 2004-2006 Pontiac GTO? You can reprogram the instrument cluster yourself to turn on that shift light and more by downloading the VZ ClusterMod program below. The program will do all of the following:
* Activate Factory Shift light
* Custom shift light activations for all manual and automatic transmissions (choose your RPM)
* Custom start up logo including “Holden”, “HSV”, “Pontiac”, and more
* Custom text when ignition is turned off
* Turn off Daytime Running Lights light
|YOU DO NOT NEED TO PULL OUT YOUR INSTRUMENT CLUSTER! THIS CAN BE DONE IN THE CAR!|
Don’t pull out your instrument cluster and pay the high price of activation and shipping. This service costs as much as $130 online and you have to ship the instrument cluster. Now you are out of alot of money, and have a car that you can’t drive until you get the cluster back!
You now can reprogram the instrument cluster yourself and have that shift light on the dashboard working! Program will also clear the “air bag” fault light that will be activated if you have removed the driver or passenger seats. The airbag light can only be cleared through the OBD plug. Disconnecting the battery will not clear the code.
Below you will find all the instructions to work with the downloaded program. All instructions and documentation are enclosed in the download.
FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW VERY CAREFULLY:
- Purchase a USB to OBD1 16 pin cable. I recommend purchasing a quality product that will ensure a perfect connection between your laptop and the OBD plug in the vehicle. You do not want some kind of error to happen during programming because of an intermittent connection.
- Download the VZ Cluster Mod program below. Must have Windows (7,8, or 10) Operating System device. Download the program to somewhere on your device where you would like it to be and easily accessible. YOU DO NOT NEED TO INSTALL THE PROGRAM. Simply placing the folder on your Widows based machine will work. I promise you at the time of upload to my web host, the folder was virus free and can be 100% trusted. There is nothing to install on your machine. The program simply uses MS-DOS to read the dash panel of your vehicle.
Download (Windows 7, 8, or 10 only) .zip format: VZ ClusterMod – 2004-2006 Pontiac GTO Instrument Cluster Programmer
- Un-zip the folder using WinZip, 7-Zip or whatever program you use to extract .zip files. ONCE YOU HAVE EXTRACTED THE FILE, DO NOT EXTRACT THE “LIBRARY” FILE IN THE EXTRACTED VZ CLUSTERMOD FOLDER! DO NOT DELETE ANY OF THE FILES IN THE FOLDER!
- Read all the documentation enclosed starting with the “READ ME” file. All the instructions you will need are enclosed in the “READ ME” files and “Instructions” folder. Follow the directions carefully. I have used this program several times, and I have never had an issue or problem. I want you all to experience the same.
- With the car off, Plug the USB side of your cable into your laptop, plug the OBD plug end into the OBD port under the dashboard. Open the VZ ClusterMod program on your laptop (VZ ClusterMod for the instrument cluster, VZ AirBag to turn off the Air Bag fault light), turn the ignition key to the ON position, and follow the instructions per the enclosed instructions file.
For a complete online list of the instructions and for the origin of the VZ ClusterMod, visit this website: http://1337vending.com/vzclustermod/
|Note: I hope you found the information contained on this website useful. Many hours of time and research has gone into building this website. Please feel free to donate to Mark Quitter Racing. Donations will be used to pay for website services or for any other practical use per your request which can be filled out using the PayPal donation link. There is no minimum amount, and your support is greatly appreciated.|